Halfway between lively Santa Barbara and the bustling metropolis of Los Angeles lies Newbury Park, nestled in the Conejo Valley and abutting the Santa Monica Mountains. An affluent city named as one of the top one hundred places to live in the country, Newbury Park boasts such a wonderful location and tight-knit community, it’s no wonder why it’s not just a great place to live—it’s also a great place to do business.
Great Planning Makes Great Moving
The most important aspect of any move, be it commercial or residential, is planning. Office moving in Newbury Park, whether you’re moving in for the first time or just relocating locally, is all about maximizing efficiency so that you can get your business back up and running as quickly as possible.
- One fee you’ll want to avoid is the long-carry fee. This is a fee charged by your movers if the distance from your office to your moving truck is over seventy-five feet. Block off the closest parking spaces in your lot, or if you don’t have a parking lot, make sure there will be adequate street parking available for your truck on the day of your move.
- To keep things running smoothly and minimize confusion during both the unloading and unpacking process, organize all desks, file cabinets, etc., and pack things from the same offices, desks, drawers, etc. in the same boxes. These boxes should be labeled with large, legible letters and/or colored tape.
- Take inventory of all items being moved and note any pre-existing damage. This will be used when the move is complete to ensure that everything has arrived at its destination safely.
- Consult your IT department to find out if any of your equipment will require special handling or transportation, and have them disconnect all computers, phones, servers, etc. ahead of time, as your moving company will not be able to perform this task.
- Choose a small group of employees to be present on the day of the move, and provide them with a comprehensive list of names and phone numbers of people who can be reached in case any problems arise during the move.
- Well before the day of your move, do a thorough and final walk-through of your new office to ensure that it is move-in ready and no repairs or renovations need to be made.